Recipe by anonymous
We're Going Nuts
We're Going Nuts
Made of ground almonds, and with a light and yet crispy consistency - these macarons are surprisingly easy to make and extremely tasty. If you want to top it with different nuts, feel free to do so, I just chose to keep with the almond theme by topping the macarons with some almonds.
- Grease 3 large baking trays. Line with baking paper. Sift almond meal and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Beat until just combined. Fold in half the almond mixture until just combined. Fold in remaining mixture until combined and mixture becomes glossy (mixture will break down a little).
- Spoon mixture into a large ziplock bag. Snip 1cm from 1 corner of bag. Pipe 4cm rounds of mixture onto prepared trays, 4cm apart. Sprinkle each macaron with almond. Tap trays on bench to remove air bubbles. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 250°F fan-forced. Bake macarons, 1 tray at a time, for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are firm. Cool on trays. Carefully transfer to a wire rack.
- Make filling: Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute or until chocolate melts. Stir with a metal spoon to combine. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes spreadable.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling over flat sides of half the macarons. Sandwich with remaining macarons. Set aside until filling sets. Serve.
- Ground Almonds x 1 1/4 cup
- Pure Icing Sugar x 1 1/2 cup
- egg whites x 4
- Sugar x 1/4 cup
- Chopped almonds x 1/4 cup
- white chocolate x 90 gram
- thickened cream x 2 tablespoon