- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until smooth. Add your eggs one at a time, and then the applesauce until well incorporated.
- Add your dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, vanilla extra, and optionally, cinnamon, into your applesauce mixture. Optionally, add pecans or raisins.
- Now, the good stuff happens. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your cookie sheets. Work with your hands to form small balls of dough and flatten them down. This works a lot faster than using a teaspoon, and will result in unique, uneven cookies that have that special homey feel. No judgement if you like your cookies perfect and fancy! ;)
- Bake your beautiful cookies for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges start to brown. Resist the temptation to taste them just yet, and let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Flour x 300 gram
- Brown sugar x 1/3 cup
- Sugar x 2/3 cup
- Egg x 2 fluid ounce
- applesauce x 1 cup
- Butter, creamed x 3/4 cup
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- Pecans (optional, finely chopped) x 1 cup
- Cinnamon (optional) x 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon