- Preheat your oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix well, and add your heavy cream little by little.
- Optionally, add raisins, pecans, and cinnamon. Keep stirring until the dough comes together.
- If your dough is too dry, correct with applesauce and heavy cream. If its consistency is too liquid or the dough sticks to your palm, add more flour.
- Use your palms to for small balls of dough and flatten them. Place them onto your baking sheet, making 12 scones. Top with a sprinkle of sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms of your scones are brown. Resist the urge to take a bit and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Flour x 3 cup
- Light brown sugar x 1/3 cup
- Sugar x 1/2 gram
- applesauce x 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream x 1/2 cup
- Eggs x 3 fluid ounce
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 2 teaspoon
- Pecans (optional, finely chopped) x 1 cup
- Raisins (optional) x 1/3 cup