Recipe by Marie Nowacki
Made with Mom
Made with Mom
These muffins are my mother’s very favorite thing to have for breakfast with a bowl of vanilla yogurt and some coffee. The fresh berries make these moist and not too sweet, and depending on your preference, you can choose a lemon-y or cinnamon-y flavor profile!
- Line your muffin tins with 18 liners and preheat your oven to 475⁰F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon/lemon, baking powder, salt) until combined, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, butter, vanilla).
- Mix the egg mixture into the dry mixture until smooth and just combined. Fold in the fresh berries (excluding strawberries) slowly and carefully until mixed throughout the batter. Try to avoid the berries bleeding.
- Top each muffin with half a strawberry and some (optional) raw sugar crystals.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 20 minutes until the muffins are done (toothpick comes out clean). Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove the to cool fully on a wire rack.
- All purpose flour x 3 cup
- Sugar x 1 cup
- Brown sugar x 1/2 cup
- Lemon Zest x 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder x 3 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs x 2
- Milk x 1/4 cup
- Butter x 1 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Fresh blueberries x 1 cup
- Fresh raspberries x 1/2 cup
- Fresh blackberries x 1/2 cup
- fresh strawberries (halved) x 9
- Sugar crystals (optional) x 1