Black and White Americano Cookies
Recipe by Amy Ledyard
If you’ve never gone to your favorite coffee shop and ordered a black and white Americano then you are sorely missing out. It’s all the strong caffeinated goodness of an Americano with the added decadence of mocha and white chocolate, and it’s to die for. When brainstorming ideas for recipes featuring coffee, I knew I wanted to do one that paid tribute to this delicious treat. What could possibly be better than chewy, gooey cookies?
- Start by browning your butter: put 1 stick butter on medium heat until bubbling, slightly brown in color, and nutty smelling.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the almond flour, oat fiber, sugar, baking powder, and espresso powder.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and butter until well incorporated.
- Add chocolates.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 10-13 minutes.
- Almond flour x 2 cup
- Oat fiber x 1/3 cup
- Sugar x 1 cup
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- FINELY ground espresso x 1 tablespoon
- Butter x 1/2 cup
- Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- Eggs x 2
- White chocolate chips x 1/2 cup
- Chopped 70% dark chocolate x 1/2 cup