- Mix the sugar and yeast until liquid consistency. Add milk and mix.
- Combine the flour and the salt. Add the butter and start mixing it with a fork, later on start using your hands. Add the yeast to the flour and mix with a fork, until a sticky dough forms. Wrap the dough in cling film. Place in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Flour your working surface and your dough. Start rolling it into a rectangle, fold the upper and down side into the middle and then the left and right side into the middle (refer to video) Turn the down upside down and roll again. You have to repeat step "5" four times in total. Wrap the dough in cling film again. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hour or overnight.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle and using a pizza cutter, cut triangles. Roll them into a croissant form and line them on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Let them rise at room temperature for 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 230'C. Mix the egg yolk with a little bit of water and coat the croissants. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 190'C and bake them for 5 more minutes
- Flour x 250 gram
- Butter x 160 gram
- Milk x 125 ml
- Sugar x 50 gram
- Egg x 1
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Yeast (Dough) x 12 gram