Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten Free!)
Recipe by Sonja Grant
These chocolate chocolate chip muffins are an excellent excuse to overload on chocolate in the morning! It's a muffin, after all :) But, actually, don't be fooled by the name. These muffins are an incredible, decadent treat (and they just happen to be gluten free, so all my friends with sensitive tummies can indulge too)!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare your non-stick muffin pan with muffin paper
- Whisk together the oat flour, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the melted butter, brown and granulated sugars (for at least 1 minute). Then, beat in the sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, and your eggs (one at a time)
- Gently fold your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients, careful not to over-mix. Then, add the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Use an ice-cream scoop, or measuring cup to pour the batter into your muffin pan. Then, put your muffins in the oven to bake for 20 minutes!
- Remove you muffins from the oven after 20 minutes, let cool for at least 10 minutes, then enjoy!
- Oat flour x 2 cup
- coconut flour x 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar (packed) x 3/4 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Chocolate Chips x 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder x 1/2 cup
- Espresso powder x 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract x 1 tablespoon
- Egg x 2
- sour cream x 1 cup
- Whole Milk x 33/100 cup
- Butter x 1/2 cup