Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt
Recipe by Meredith Hay
Made with Mom
Made with Mom
My late Grandma loved all things chocolate and all things cherry. This recipe is a dedication to her favorite confection: chocolate covered cherries. Make it in a Bundt pan for an eye-catching shape that looks even better once drizzles with chocolate ganache. It is a simple one bowl chocolate cake filled with dark cherries, drizzled with chocolate can be the perfect sweet for a fellow sweet tooth like my Grandma!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a bundt pan generously.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt for 60 seconds on low speed with the electric mixer. Next, add the butter, eggs, oil, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of the water. Beat on low speed just until all of the dry ingredients are moist.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat for 1 minute. Add 3 tablespoons water and beat for about 20 seconds on medium speed. Scrape the bowl and add the remaining 3 tablespoons water. Beat for 20-30 seconds until the batter is smooth. Then Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape half the batter into the pan, then assemble the cherries around then cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (be sure not to open the oven during the first 30 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into a cakey place in the center of the cake comes out clean (except for melted chocolate chips).
- Set the pan on a rack to cool for 5-10 minutes. Invert the cake onto rack (turn the round cake right side up) to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Bring the cream and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Pour the cream over the chocolate (Ganache).
- Allow the chocolate to soften, and then stir until the chocolate is entirely melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool to thicken slightly. Pour glaze over cooled cake and let set at room temperature. Serve with optional cherries! (Ganache)
- All purpose flour x 1 cup
- Sugar x 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder x 1/2 cup
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- dark sweet cherries, frozen x 1 cup
- Unsalted butter, room temperature x 6 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil x 2 tablespoon
- Large Eggs x 2
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- cool water x 1/2 cup
- semi-sweet mini chips x 3/4 cup
- Semi-Sweet Mini Chips (Ganache) x 1 cup
- Heavy Cream (Ganache) x 2/3 cup
- Pinch of salt (Ganache) x 1