Chocolate Pumpkin Tart
Recipe by Jessica Gregory
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
This tart is absolutely gorgeous. There aren't enough stars to rate this chocolate pumpkin tart! If you follow the recipe accurately and add two teaspoons of vanilla extract, everyone will rave about it! This dessert is the perfect completion to a Thanksgiving feast and Christmas dinner (or anytime you crave it!). The texture is denser than a regular pumpkin pie. Its appearance will definitely turn you on.
- STEP 1 (for the Pie crust) Mix the all-purpose flour, butter (1/4 cup), sugar, and salt, in a food processor, blend until smooth, with small marbles of butter remaining. Spray 2 tbsps. Of the ice water and beat until crumbly, and dough sticks when squeezed together. If too dry, add another sprinkle of water but do not overmix.
- STEP 2 Pour the batter into a synthetic (plastic) bag and refrigerate until chilled. As this pie stays in the fridge, it will get firmer and firmer.
- STEP 3 While rolling the dough on floured surface, preheat oven to 425F. Press it into a pie plate and trim to leave approximately 1-inch excess around the edges, fold under and the flute edges.
- STEP 3 Slice a piece of nonstick foil to fit in the size of the pie, and use it to line the pie crust. Pack with pie weights, bake until golden for about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325F.
- STEP 4 (For the pie filling) Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and butter (1/4 cup) in a double boiler, frequently stirring until smooth. Remove the mixture from heat. Mix the pumpkin, light brown sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in a large bowel. Fold in the chocolate dough, and pour into pie crust. Place your pie pan on a baking sheet. Bake at a 325F for about 1 hour until center of pie has set. Refrigerate until cooled completely to serve.
- All purpose flour x 1 1/4 cup
- Pureed pumpkin x 15 ounce
- Bitter sweet chocolate x 3 ounce
- Sugar x 1/2 tablespoon
- Unsalted butter x 1/2 cup
- Ice cold water x 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves x 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger x 3/4 teaspoon
- Large Eggs x 3
- Light-Brown sugar x 3/4 cup
- cornstarch x 1 tablespoon
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips x 6 ounce
- Ground cinnamon x 3/4 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg x 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt x 1 tablespoon
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk x 12 ounce