Christmas Morning Mince Pie Muffins
Recipe by Georgina Hartley
Tis the Season...
Tis the Season...
These Christmas Morning Mince Pie Muffins are exactly what you should be treating your family to Christmas morning. They are light, fluffy, moist and full of Christmas spice and cheer. I think the title is pretty clear on when I intend to be making these bad boys. I don’t know why I haven’t made them before though as they are absolutely delicious, a cinch to make, without even requiring a food mixer, and best of all use up all the dregs of mincemeat that I always have hanging around my cupboards. Do whizz up the apple puree the night before if you want to make these on Christmas morning as it saves you a boring job when you’d much rather be opening pressies and quaffing back Bucks Fizz, but apart from that they are very simple and I think an excellent new tradition addition.
- First line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Prepare the streusel by placing the flours, sugar, butter, oats and spice in a large mixing bowl and rubbing together between your fingers. The streusel should come together but still be crumbly. Set aside whilst you prepare the muffin batter.
- Pour the mincemeat, apple puree, sugar, eggs and olive oil into a large mixing bowl and beat together until combined.
- In another mixing bowl sift together the flours, spice, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, then tip into the liquid batter.
- Beat together for a minute or so until everything is well mixed then evenly distribute between the muffin cases.
- Crumble the streusel on top of the muffins then bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately remove the muffins from the tin and leave on a rack to co
- white rice flour (Streusel Topping) x 35 gram
- chestnut flour (Streusel Topping) x 30 gram
- soft light brown sugar (Streusel Topping) x 50 gram
- Unsalted butter (Streusel Topping) x 90 gram
- Gluten-free porridge oats (Streusel Topping) x 40 gram
- mixed spice (Streusel Topping) x 1 teaspoon
- Mincemeat (Muffins) x 200 gram
- Apple puree, about 4-5 apples (Muffins) x 175 gram
- soft light brown sugar (Muffins) x 120 gram
- light olive oil (not extra virgin) (Muffins) x 80 ml
- Egg (Muffins) x 2
- white rice flour (Muffins) x 150 gram
- chestnut flour (Muffins) x 50 gram
- mixed spice (Muffins) x 1 teaspoon
- bicarbonate of soda (Muffins) x 1/2 teaspoon
- baking powder (Muffins) x 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt (Muffins) x 1/4 teaspoon