- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven 10-15 minutes until slightly darkened and fragrant. Remove from the oven and transfer to a clean kitchen towel, wrapping the nuts up inside. Allow the hot nuts to steam in the towel for one minute, then rub the nuts within the towel to remove the dark skins. It’s ok if all the skins don’t come off. Transfer the nuts to a cutting board and chop roughly.
- Melt two thirds of the chocolate over a double boiler. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the chocolate until smooth and completely melted. Pour 3/4 of the melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts, coffee, and salt. Drizzle with the remaining chocolate.
- Transfer to the refrigerator or freezer until set. Use your hands or a knife to break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to enjoy.
- Hazelnuts x 1/2 cup
- Dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao), roughly chopped x 1 pound
- Ground coffee x 1 teaspoon
- Fleur de Sel or other coarse salt x 1/2 teaspoon