- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Heat heavy cream and vanilla extract in a sauce pan over a medium heat until it slightly starts to simmer. Turn off the heat and put the mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together egg yolks and granulated sugar for a few minutes until it has thicker consistency and pale color.
- Gradually, a little at a time, add cream and vanilla mixture to the eggs until well combined, constantly stirring.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins and place them into a large baking pan. Pour hot water into the pan, covering ¾ of the ramekins.
- Bake at 325°F for about 50-60 minutes until Crème Brûlée is set but slightly trembling in the center.
- When Crème Brûlée is done, remove it from the baking pan, cool off for 10 minutes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle granulated sugar over the Crème Brûlée, and using a blow-torch, brown the sugar to a crispy top. Enjoy!
- Heavy cream x 2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Egg Yolk x 6
- Granulated sugar x 1/3 cup
- Granulated sugar (topping) x 1/4 cup
- Kettle of hot water x 1