Double Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
Recipe by Meredith Hay
These little cookies have become one of my favorite cookies to bake… simple and packed with CHOCOLATE! And for an unexpected twist, after they come out of the oven sprinkle the tops with flaked sea salt. Perfect enough to satisfy all taste buds with both sweet and salty! Follow the recipe for approximately 28 flawless double chocolate chip cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Next, add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Gently fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- After working the thick dough either in the bowl or on a work mat, roll the dough into a small ball and flatten just slightly into a disc. Place on the prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart and bake for 14-16 minutes. Once out of the oven, sprinkle the tops with flaked sea salt. They will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for a week.
- (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter, cubed x 1 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1 1/4 cup
- Large Eggs x 2
- Dark cocoa powder x 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour x 2 1/4 cup
- Coarse salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips x 2 1/2 cup
- Flaked sea salt x 1