- Preheat oven to 400°F
- sprinkle your clean surface with all-purpose flour. Unfold the thawed puff pastry. Roll it out carefully to a 2mm thick square with a rolling pin.
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 equal squares.
- Add a tablespoon of applesauce mixed with the cinnamon to the center of each puff pastry sheet. Fold them from corner to corner to form a triangle shape. You should first seal the edges by pressing the corners with your fingers and then press down with a fork.
- Brush the egg wash evenly onto the turnovers’ surface. This will give this sweet looking golden brown color.
- Brush the egg wash evenly onto the turnovers’ surface. You can put some sugar on the turnovers surface if you want.
- Place the turnovers on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put in oven until golden brown for roughly 20 – 25 minutes.
- Take out and cool at room temperature.
- Puff Pastry (Store bought, should be all-butter and high quality) x 1
- Apple sauce with apple chunks (if you don't have one, cut up apples and mix with apple sauce) x 4 tablespoon
- Egg (beaten) x 1
- Cardamom (ground) x 1/4 teaspoon