Espresso Coffee Cake
Recipe by Veronika Tikhomirova
Make this luscious Espresso Coffee Cake for Sunday brunch to surprise your family. It has a beautiful moist texture, delicious toasted pecans, and an amazing coffee flavor. If you want to use a bigger baking pan, 9×13 inch instead of 8×8 inch, just double the ingredients and follow the instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan and set it aside.
- Using a spatula, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract and whisk for a few minutes until smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl sift together all-purpose flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the mixture and fold it in.
- Spoon the batter into the greased baking pan, sprinkle the topping mixture over and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Unsalted butter, softened x 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Large Eggs x 2
- Sour cream x 1/4 cup
- Whole Milk x 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour x 1 cup
- Instant espresso powder x 1/2 tablespoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Powder x 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- [Topping] Pecans, chopped x 1 cup
- [Topping] Cinnamon x 1 teaspoon
- [Topping] Brown sugar x 1/4 cup