Fudgy Chocolate Fantasy Cookies
Recipe by Laura Z.
These decadent cookies combine the rich, fudgy texture of a brownie with the soft, chewiness of a chocolate chip cookie. Four varieties of chocolate give them a deliciously deep chocolate flavor, making them a chocolate lover’s fantasy come true!
- Combine the butter and chopped bittersweet chocolate in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each, until melted and smooth.
- Add the sugars and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then whisk in the vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the bowl and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the dark and white chocolate chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (The cookie dough can be refrigerated for up to 2 days, but will need to soften at room temperature for a bit prior to scooping.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, using a cookie scoop or two spoons and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Bake for 14 minutes. The cookies will appear slightly under baked – as they cool, they will develop a delicious, fudgy center.
- Notes: Feel free to substitute the dark and white chocolate chips for whatever you have on hand; milk chocolate, peanut butter chips, or even chopped nuts!
- Try sprinkling with a flavored sea salt such as vanilla bean or espresso for a gourmet touch.
- Butter (1 stick) x 1/2 cup
- Bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped x 4 ounce
- Granulated sugar x 1/4 cup
- Dark brown sugar x 2/3 cup
- Large Eggs x 2
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder x 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour x 1 cup
- Dark chocolate chips x 1/2 cup
- White chocolate chips x 1/2 cup
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling (optional) x 1