Ginger Peach Matcha Muffins
Recipe by Amy Ledyard
I first heard of matcha one Christmas when my sister in law brought her special matcha powder and bamboo whisk to make her own cup of it each morning. She told me all about the health benefits associated with matcha, and, though I thought it sounded pretty awesome, I never tried it. Until I discovered that you can also use it to create all kinds of delicious treats. For a first attempt at a matcha treat, I made these healthy and delicious muffins, combining flavors that were basically born to be together: sweet peaches, tangy ginger, and earthy matcha. These are perfect for breakfast or, if you’re looking for a healthy dessert, bake it in a cake pan instead of a muffin tin, and call it cake!
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Add ginger and chopped peaches.
- Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sliced almonds, ground into flour x 6 ounce
- Oat fiber (or wheat flour or your choice) x 1/2 cup
- Baking soda x 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- Matcha powder x 1 teaspoon
- Stevia (or white sugar) x 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar (or brown sugar) x 1/2 cup
- Eggs x 3
- Browned butter x 1/2 cup
- Whole Milk x 2 tablespoon
- Maple Syrup x 1/4 cup
- Fresh ginger, peeled and grated (One inch) x 1
- Chopped peaches x 1 cup