Gluten Free Carrot Cupcakes
Recipe by Sonja Grant
Made with Mom
Made with Mom
My mom absolutely loves carrot cake. So when it comes to Mother' Day, Carrot Cake must be on the menu! This recipe is incredibly moist, is the perfect amount of sweet and packed with nutrients. It's made with oat, almond and coconut flours and of course yummy carrots, raisins and walnuts! I couldn't, however, leave out the butter--it's just oh so yummy!
- Preheat the oven to 350, and prepare muffin tins (or 2 round cake pans)
- Combine the oat, almond and coconut flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- Beat the brown sugar, honey and butter until well combined. Then add the apple sauce, beat in the eggs, and then the vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then fold in the grated carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter into your muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes (about 40 minutes for two shallow cake pans)
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for at least 25 minutes
- Cream the cream cheese with an electronic mixer. Then add the butter, until mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar. Add vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread over your yummy cupcakes and enjoy!
- Oat Flour x 2 cup
- Almond flour x 1/2 cup
- Coconut Flour x 1/2 cup
- Baking soda x 2 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon x 3 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 teaspoon
- Extra large eggs x 3
- Packed Brown Sugar x 1 cup
- Honey x 1 cup
- Butter x 3/4 cup
- Apple sauce x 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 2 teaspoon
- Grated carrots x 3 cup
- Raisins x 1/2 cup
- Chopped walnuts x 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese, softened (for frosting) x 16 ounce
- Butter, softened x 1/2 cup
- Confectioner's Sugar (for frosting) x 3 cup
- Vanilla extract (for frosting) x 1 1/2 teaspoon