- Cake directions: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in sugar and ground hazelnuts (I use King Arthur's Toasted Hazelnut Flour).
- Line 2 round cake pans with parchment paper buttered. Divide batter into 2 pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes till done. Cool and remove from pans.
- Frosting directions: Beat egg yolks and sugar till pale yellow.
- Add chocolate and cool.
- Beat in butter.
- Garnish with whole hazelnuts.
- Hazelnut Flour x 300 gram
- Sugar x 300 gram
- Egg whites x 10
- cream of tartar x 1 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg Yolk x 10
- Confectioner's Sugar x 10 tablespoon
- Semisweet chocolate melted in the microwave x 4 ounce
- Butter, softened x 100 gram