Iced Caramel Latte Pie
Recipe by Amy Ledyard
When I was probably 8 years old I made this oreo-butterfinger pie concoction. I’m pretty sure it came in a box, but I remember being as certain as an 8 year old can be that that pie was the most amazing dessert I ever would and ever could make. I’m happy to say that now, 20 years later, I have finally outdone myself. This pie I’m sharing below is everything a pie should be: crunchy, toffee-like almond crust; sweet, creamy coffee filling; gooey, decadent caramel drizzle on top. And the best part? It’s grain- and refined sugar- free! You wouldn’t know it from the taste or texture though. It’s the perfect sweet, refreshing end to a warm day.
- Crust: Mix all ingredients together to form a course dough. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch, greased pie pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Coffee Filling: Mix all ingredients together over medium heat until well incorporated and the sugar is dissolved. Pour into cooled crust and freeze overnight.
- Caramel Drizzle: Mix all ingredients in a pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to thicken for 15 minutes. Drizzle on top of the frozen pie (or pour liberally).
- [Crust] Almond flour x 1 cup
- [Crust] Coconut sugar x 1/4 cup
- [Crust] Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- [Crust] Melted butter x 3 tablespoon
- [Coffee Filling] Coconut cream x 14 ounce
- [Coffee Filling] Coconut sugar x 1/2 cup
- [Coffee Filling] Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- [Coffee Filling] Brewed Coffee x 1 cup
- [Caramel Drizzle] Coconut cream using ONLY the thickest cream (leave the coconut water in the can) x 1
- [Caramel Drizzle] Coconut sugar x 1/2 cup
- [Caramel Drizzle] Vanilla x 1 tablespoon