Iced Pumpkin Spice Biscotti
Recipe by Lauren Creasy
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
Pumpkin season is here! These pumpkin spiced biscotti are a perfect way to get your pumpkin fix, with a hint of sweetness. Baked with classic fall flavors, they will make you happy to cozy up with a cup of coffee and a good book.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with oven racks in upper and lower third of oven.
- In a standing mixer at medium speed, cream butter with brown and granulated sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing.
- Add molasses and pumpkin puree, mixing until blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until blended.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough in half. With floured hands, form four 4-inch wide biscotti loaves, placing two on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let loaves cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut loaves into ½-inch-wide slices. Place slices on their sides on the cookie sheets.
- Bake biscotti for 15 minutes on each side, for a total of 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow biscotti to cool completely.
- Butter, unsalted and softened x 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar x 1/2 cup
- Sugar x 1/2 cup
- Eggs x 3
- Molasses x 2 tablespoon
- Pumpkin Puree x 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour x 3 cup
- Baking powder x 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon x 1 tablespoon
- Ground Ginger x 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg x 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves x 1/4 teaspoon