- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and sour cream. Add the oil, zest, and extract and whisk until incorporated. Fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and bake 45-50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before turning out onto a wire rack. To make the glaze whisk together confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Start with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and add a few drops at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Pour glaze over the cooled cake, then sprinkle immediately with sliced almonds.
- Eggs x 3
- Granulated sugar x 1 cup
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt x 1 cup
- Canola Oil x 1/2 cup
- Lemon Zest x 2 tablespoon
- Lemon extract x 2 tablespoon
- All-purpose flour x 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder x 2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Confectioner’s sugar x 1 cup
- Lemon juice x 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Sliced almonds x 1/4 cup