- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugar with a spatula. add egg yolk and mix. Add in salt and seeds scraped from vanilla bean.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, almond meal (ground almonds), chopped almonds and matcha. Stir together until all lumps are removed.
- Combine the two bowls and stir until the mixture comes together to form a ball. Take it out a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper. On a plate, sprinkle sugar and put the dough on it and roll it into a log that should be around 1.5 inches in width. wrap tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Take the log out and bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies start turning golden at the edges. Have it cool for 5 minutes.
- Butter x 7 tablespoon
- Confectioner's Sugar x 7 tablespoon
- Egg Yolk x 1
- Flour x 3/4 cup
- Finely ground almonds x 6 tablespoon
- Matcha x 2 teaspoon
- Seeds scraped from one vanilla bean x 1
- Chopped almonds (small as possible) x 1/4 cup