Mocha Cream Cheese Cookies
Recipe by Kim S
These cake-like cookies are perfect for those who enjoy the bitterness of coffee and dark chocolate. The dark chocolate and coffee syrup provide the perfect complement to the sourness of the cream cheese. Couple them with an icy glass of milk and discover a whole new cookie experience.
- Make your syrup by combining the instant coffee, sugar, dark chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large saucepan. Add one cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, leave it there for five minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Once your syrup is cool, make your dough by combining the butter, cream cheese, eggs, flour, and 2/3 cup of your syrup mixture in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. If the dough is too dry, add syrup until it reaches a smooth and spoonable consistency. Chill the dough. Drop large spoonfuls on a baking sheet and gently press down the centers to flatten. These cookies do not spread during baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Do not undercook or they will be doughy on the inside. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and cool completely. Once they are cool, you can dip the tops in the remaining syrup or drizzle the syrup across the top with a spoon. If you like, sprinkle a little sugar on top of the syrup to add sweetness.
- Sugar x 1 1/2 cup
- Dark chocolate chunks x 2 ounce
- Instant black coffee x 1/8 cup
- Cinnamon x 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract x 1/2 teaspoon
- Water x 1 cup
- Butter, unsalted and softened x 1 cup
- cream cheese, softened x 8 ounce
- Flour x 2 1/2 cup
- Salt x 1/8 teaspoon