Recipe by Ela Cross
These melt-in-your-mouth truffles are divine!
- Mix cream and espresso in a saucepan over medium heat until just bubbling.
- Remove pan from heat and add both types of chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Add vanilla extract and coffee liqueur (optional).
- Place mixture in a bowl and refrigerate covered for 4-24 hours.
- Once the mixture is firm, use a teaspoon or tablespoon to scoop the mixture into balls. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with foil or waxed paper. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes until firm.
- Dip the balls in cocoa powder to coat and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Espresso powder x 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream x 1 cup
- Bittersweet chocolate chips x 1 cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips x 1 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Coffee Liqueur x 1 tablespoon
- Cocoa powder x 1/2 cup