Nutmeg Cookies with Chocolate and Hazelnuts
Recipe by Anna Banana
Tis the Season...
Tis the Season...
Nutmeg is one of my favourite spices, and I do like to add it to…errmmm…almost anything, especially at this time of the year! I absolutely adore the freshly grated nutmeg, the fragrance is just incredible! And I’m pretty sure you will agree, it smells and tastes like Christmas. Along with cinnamon and allspice this awesome ingredient is a must for all of your festive baking! If you can’t find a whole nutmeg, use the ground one, which is widely available and tastes just as good. These yummy nutmeg cookies are stuffed with chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Crisp on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle. Perfect festive cookie!
- Melt the butter in the small saucepan and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine sugar with melted butter, then add milk, vanilla and nutmeg, mix well until all combined.
- Add flour mixture, bit by bit, mix well, and add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Chill the dough for at least 2- 3 hours.
- Pre- heat the oven to 190 C.
- Line baking tray with baking parchment, and using your hands, form rough balls. You should get about 24 cookies. Remember to leave the space between them as they will expand in the oven. Bake for about 8- 10 minutes or until golden, take out of the oven and transfer into a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool few minutes & enjoy!
- Dairy-free butter x 120 gram
- Plain flour x 300 gram
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- Brown sugar x 150 gram
- Almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk) x 60 ml
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Freshly grated nutmeg x 1/2 teaspoon
- Chocolate chips (non-dairy if vegan) x 30 gram
- hazelnuts, roughly chopped x 30 gram