Recipe by Meredith Hay
Made with Mom
Made with Mom
Now that one of my good friends is a Mother, she gets to reminisce on childhood memories as she watches her little boy grow up. As we discussed favorite desserts, she mentioned how Oreo Cheesecake reminds her of her Mother in a delightfully funny way!
- Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until they’re a crumbly. (Crust)
- Stir the Oreos in with the melted butter and press down into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan and refrigerate while you make the filling. (Crust)
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly fold in the cool whip, and then turn the mixer on medium speed.
- Keep an eye on the mixture, and be careful not to over-whisk. The mixture can curdle. It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes, and it's perfectly fine to stop the mixer if you see it come together before 2 minutes!
- Pour all but 1 1/2 cups of the mix over the crust and spread evenly across.
- With the remaining 1 1/2 cups, toss in the 10 crushed Oreos and turn on the mixer until incorporated throughout.
- Spread this Oreo mix across the top of the cheesecake and place in the refrigerator (or freezer) overnight (or at least 6 hours!) before enjoying!
- Decorate the top with your style, either whole Oreos, piped cool whip, or crushed Oreos.
- packages of Oreos (Crust) x 2
- stick of unsalted butter, room temperature (Crust) x 1
- Cream Cheese x 16 ounce
- Powdered sugar x 2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- containers of Cool Whip, softened at room temperature x 2
- crushed Oreos x 10