Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
Recipe by Monica Stevens Le
Tis the Season...
Tis the Season...
You know what’s so amazing and crazy? I made these Paleo Gingerbread Cookies in 5 MINUTES. Can you believe that? They only bake for 12 minutes, too! They are so low maintenance and packed with so much goodness and flavor. Each cookie is only about 100 calories and contains just 5 grams of sugar! What can I say? I’m very proud of this! Why wouldn’t you eat the entire batch yourself? Don’t share. You won’t want to after biting into one… trust me! What to expect? Well, these Paleo Gingerbread Cookies are soft & chewy on the inside, while remaining crunchy on the outside. Can you say: heavenly?! Be sure to whip up a batch this Holiday season.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, make the cashew flour. Pulse raw cashews, a few seconds at a time, until they resemble a coarse flour. You don’t want any visible chunks of cashews. This should take about 1 minute.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cashew flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, spices and salt together. In another mixing bowl, mix together palm shortening, maple syrup, cashew butter, molasses, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until smooth. The dough will be very sticky and that's okay!
- Using a greased cookie scoop, place cookie balls on prepared baking sheets. Space cookie dough balls about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 12 minutes.
- They will be soft once you take them out of the oven. However, they will firm up as they cool. Let them cool on the baking tray for at least 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Raw Cashews x 1 1/2 cup
- Raw Cashews x 2 tablespoon
- Tapioca Flour x 3 tablespoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger x 3/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon x 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg x 1/4 teaspoon
- Cloves x 1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- Organic palm shortening x 3 tablespoon
- pure maple syrup x 6 tablespoon
- cashew butter x 1/2 cup
- blackstrap molasses x 1 tablespoon
- Large Eggs x 1
- Pure vanilla extract x 1 1/2 teaspoon