Pecan Cinna Bars
Recipe by Kaelee Stone
We're Going Nuts
We're Going Nuts
Pies are good but bars are much less daunting. This spiced up version of pecan pie uses an almond flour cinnamon crust, cinnamon pecan pie filling, and (of course) a cinnamon spiced, vegan cashew cream cheese filling. It uses nuts of all kinds and is gluten-free and can be modified to be entirely dairy free. It tastes so "cinn"fully good, you won't know it's made of all natural ingredients, too. Enjoy!
- For Crust: Mix dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, salt, cinnamon) and chop in cold butter and vanilla until combined. Press into an 8x8 square pan. Bake in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pecan filling: Mix wet ingredients together and add coconut sugar. Stir in salt and cinnamon and pour over roughly chopped pecans. Pour over hot crust and return bars to oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes, checking for firm edges and a slightly firm in the middle.
- Cinnamon Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting: Cover cashews in water and soak for 3-4 hours or overnight. Rinse cashews and toss into blender with remaining ingredients. You may need a little more water depending on how you like the consistency of your frosting. Once it's completely mixed and creamy, drizzle over pecan bars. If you like a thicker frosting, just chill the cream cheese in the fridge checking every 30 minutes for consistency and frost when at desired consistency.
- Almond flour (Crust) x 1 3/4 cup
- Coconut sugar (Crust) x 1/3 tablespoon
- Tapioca starch (Crust) x 3 tablespoon
- Cold butter (Crust) x 1/2 cup
- Salt (Crust) x 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla (Crust) x 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Crust) x 1 teaspoon
- Maple syrup (Pecan filling) x 3/4 cup
- Coconut sugar (Pecan filling) x 1/2 cup
- Eggs (Pecan filling) x 3
- Salt (Pecan filling) x 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract (Pecan filling) x 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Pecan filling) x 2 teaspoon
- Coarsely chopped pecans (Pecan filling) x 1 1/2 cup
- Raw unsalted cashews (Vegan Frosting) x 3/4 cup
- Maple syrup (Vegan Frosting) x 3 tablespoon
- Coconut oil (Vegan Frosting) x 2 tablespoon
- Cinnamon (Vegan Frosting) x 1 teaspoon
- Salt (Vegan Frosting) x 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice (Vegan Frosting) x 1 teaspoon
- Water (Vegan Frosting) x 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla (Vegan Frosting) x 1 teaspoon