Pineapple Pistachio Cupcakes with Matcha Icing
Recipe by Kim S
Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, these not-too-sweet cupcakes make a healthful and tasty treat. Enjoy the antioxidant benefits of matcha along with the protein and Vitamin C found in the nuts and fruit.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth. Slowly add the dry mixture and blend the two together.
- Fill cupcake holders ¾ of the way full and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes (or until firm). Let the cupcakes cool completely and top with Matcha Icing, a small amount of crushed pineapple and some crushed pistachios.
- Make one 8 oz cup of matcha tea and steep for 10 minutes. Combine the vegetable oil and 1 Tbsp Matcha and make a paste. Combine it with the cream cheese and butter and melt them all in a small saucepan. Slowly stir in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Cool completely before icing your cupcakes.
- Flour x 3 cup
- Baking soda x 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon x 1 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil x 1 cup
- Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- Sugar x 2 cup
- Eggs x 3
- Unsweetened Applesauce x 1 cup
- Crushed pineapple (drained) x 8 ounce
- Chopped pistachios x 1 cup
- Matcha x 1 teaspoon
- [Matcha Icing] Cream Cheese x 4 ounce
- [Matcha Icing] Butter x 1 tablespoon
- [Matcha Icing] Salt x 1/8 teaspoon
- [Matcha Icing] Vegetable Oil x 1 teaspoon
- [Matcha Icing] Matcha x 1 tablespoon
- [Matcha Icing] Matcha Tea x 1 tablespoon
- [Matcha Icing] Cinnamon x 1 teaspoon
- [Matcha Icing] Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- [Matcha Icing] Powdered sugar x 3 cup