- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and lining a 12-count muffin tin with liners. Next, take out two bowls, one for dry ingredients and one for wet. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In the other mix the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are completely mixed in. When that is finished and the oven is preheated, fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full. If you fill to the top, they will be much too tall for the topping.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes and remove them from the oven. Let them sit in the tin for 5 minutes before removing them to finish cooling. Make sure they are completely cooled before adding the topping. Top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and a cherry for a splash of flavor!
- Pumpkin Puree (can) x 1 cup
- Oil (vegetable or olive) x 1/2 cup
- Eggs (large) x 2
- all-purpose flour x 1 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar x 1/2 cup
- Baking powder x 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1/4 teaspoon
- pumpkin pie spice x 1 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon x 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon