Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
Recipe by Sonja Grant
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
This pumpkin cheesecake has three of my favorite holiday ingredients--pumpkin, spices, and gingersnap! This is the perfect seasonal treat, and my husband and colleagues cannot stop raving about it! A big thank you to "Once Upon a Chef" and "Taste of Home", whose recipes this is adapted from.
- For the Crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter the sides and bottom of a spring foam pan. Pulse the gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter in a food processor or blender until finely ground and fully combined. Press the gingersnap crumbs into the bottom of the spring foam pan, spreading evenly. Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Cool while you prepare the filling.
- For the Filling: In a saucepan, stir together the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a light boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, until thick. Scrape the mixture into a mixing bowl, and blend for 1-2 minutes to allow the heat to escape. Add the cold cream, keeping the mixer on. Once the cream is fully incorporated, gradually add the cream cheese. Once you’ve added the cream cheese, add the eggs and process until incorporated. Pour the batter into the cooled crust. Bake until the cake is just set, about 1.5 hours. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to set while you prepare the topping.
- For the Topping: In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Enjoy!
- Gingersnaps x 15 ounce
- Brown sugar x 33/50 cup
- Butter (melted) x 9 tablespoon
- Pumkin x 15 ounce
- Granulated Sugar (for the filling) x 1 33/100 cup
- Ground cinnamon x 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger x 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground cloves x 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Heavy cream (cold) x 1 cup
- Cream Cheese x 1 1/2 pound
- Large Eggs x 5
- sour cream x 2 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon