Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Made with Chickpea Flour)
Recipe by Beverley Cheng
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
I don’t know why i’m always trying to find ways to sub out regular flour, and make a gluten free version, but I guess I like to experiment with things and see how it tastes. Also, when it comes to chickpea flour – dat stuff is HEALTHY. Since it’s made from garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), there is a ton more protein in each bite than with regular flour. Also since it’s a dense flour, it’s really good at binding. No sad broken cookies here. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are fluffy, filling, and full of protein. Made with chickpea flour, it's a delicious gluten free treat!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add all of the wet ingredients into a large bowl and thoroughly mix together. Ensure that the coconut oil is melted, but cooled.
- In another bowl, add all of the dry ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing the entire time. Fold in the chocolate chips
- Drop cookies onto a greased baking tray (or parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until centres come out clean.
- melted coconut oil, cooled x 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin Puree x 1/2 cup
- coconut sugar x 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Egg x 1
- chickpea flour x 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder x 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg x 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Chocolate Chips x 1/2 cup