Recipe by Veronika Tikhomirova
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
Every year we are waiting for the Fall holiday season to bake our favorite desserts. There is no surprise that the main star of this season is pumpkin and everything that we can make with it: pumpkin pie, pumpkin latte, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, cheesecakes, you name it. Today, I am going to make very classic pumpkin muffins that are perfect to celebrate this festivity on Sunday morning. There is no need to go to your local bakery to get these beauties because you can make it yourself. You should agree with me that there is nothing better than homemade baked goods. These muffins have incredible rich pumpkin flavor and amazingly moist and crumbly texture. 10 minutes to prep, 25 minutes to bake and these beauties are done! So, let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners inside. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and put aside.
- In another large mixing bowl mix together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and granulated sugar, whisk it until combined. Add eggs, vegetable oil, whole milk, and vanilla extract, mix it again until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into the mixture and mix it well.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin liners, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and bake them at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- All purpose flour x 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda x 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon x 1/2 tablespoon
- pumpkin pie spice x 1/2 teaspoon
- salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- canned pumpkin puree x 1 cup
- Brown sugar x 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Large Eggs x 2
- Vegetable oil x 1/3 cup
- Whole Milk x 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- pumpkin seeds x 1/4 cup