Pumpkin Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
Recipe by Lizzy Green
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
These oatmeal cookies are so fall. Full of pecans, pumpkin and spices - yum. I personally don't add chocolate to them, but go right ahead, dark chocolate would be super delicious with these treats. These oatmeal cookies always fill me up and tend to stay chewy for at least 5 days if stored properly (airtight container).
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix oats, flour, nutmeg, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Then in a different large bowl whisk together coconut oil, pumpkin puree and the vanilla. You'll want to add in the maple syrup into the large bowl now and then the flour mixture. Stir them together until everything is incorporated. Sprinkle in the pecans now (and/or chocolate chips if you choose to use them).
- Create 15 scoops of the cookie dough on the parchment paper and flatten to get the desired degree of thickness. You can add some additional pecans here so that they are on top if you'd like some extra nuts.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Have the cookies cool on the pan for about 10 minutes before taking them off.
- Oats x 1 cup
- whole wheat flour x 3/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon x 2 teaspoon
- ground nutmeg x 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground ginger x 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder x 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut oil or unsalted butter that's melted and slightly cooled x 2 tablespoon
- Pumpkin Puree (can) x 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Maple Syrup x 1/2 cup
- Pecans (finely chopped) x 3 tablespoon