Recipe by Claudia
Pump It Up
Pump It Up
Pumpkin pie is a fall classic in my home. We make it all the time and particularly love putting some vanilla ice cream on top of it. This pumpkin pie is absolutely going to impress folks, and you'll love it too. It's not overly sweet, yet it's overwhelmingly creamy (which is my type of pie). For me, pumpkin pie is best served cold so i'd suggest throwing this baby in the fridge before eating (if you can resist!).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Set 1 piece of pre-made pie dough into a 9 inch pan and press.
- Put pie shell back into the freezer and let it chill for an hour, then set up some foil around the inside of the shell. Fill the inside of the shell up with something that can go into the oven and wont be a problem - you might want to use pie weights. Point is you want the pie to hold up nicely in the oven as it gets crispy. do this for 10 minutes, remove wrapping, then do it for another 10 minutes. Pie dough should dry out and get color.
- Now it’s time for the filling ya’ll. Whip out that large mixing bowl and beat cream cheese with a hand mixer (I love my kitchen aid). Add the pumpkin in and keep mixing till combined. Add sugar, salt and beat. Add eggs with the yolks, half-and-half, melted butter, and beat until combined. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and beat.
- Place filling into warmed pie crust and bake in oven for 50 minutes. You’re looking to see the center set. Place pie on rack and cool till room temperature. Add some vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- cream cheese, softened x 8 ounce
- cas of pumpkin, mashed x 2
- Sugar x 1 1/4 cup
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg x 1
- Egg Yolk x 2
- Half and Half x 1 cup
- melted butter (1/2 a stick) x 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon x 1/2 teaspoon
- Pre-made pie dough x 1
- Vanilla Ice Cream (I use Edy's slow churn) for topping x 1