Rich Chocolate Banana Cake
Recipe by anonymous
Grab a glass of milk, this chocolate cake is not only full of chocolate goodness but its also pretty healthy! I use bananas and applesauce here instead of oil to make it moist and fluffy.
- mix the bananas and the brown sugar in a separate bowl until the bananas are mashed and you can tell that the sugar has been dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla into the bowl that you have set aside and mix them together.
- In a completely separate bowl, add together the cocoa powder, salt, flour and baking soda. Mix them up
- Time to mix those dry ingredients with the wet ones! Combine the bowls. After the mix is together, add in the dark chocolate chunks (or chips, if you don't have chunks).
- Pour into the baking tin you are using or cake tray. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30ish minutes, just watch it to see that the toothpick can smoothly go through.
- Bananas x 3
- Brown sugar x 3/4 cup
- Unsweetened Applesauce x 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract x 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour x 1 cup
- Large Eggs x 1
- Baking soda x 1 teaspoon
- cocoa powder (unsweetened) x 2/3 cup
- Salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Dark chocolate chunks x 1 cup