Recipe by Veronika Tikhomirova
Try to make these delicious classic Snickerdoodles with a little bit of a twist. Add a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to enhance the flavor! That will be your new favorite treat!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a spatula, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add an egg and vanilla extract and whisk it together until creamy and well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift all-purpose flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the mixture and fold it in until well combined. Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 7-10 minutes.
- While the dough is in the fridge, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl to make cinnamon sugar and set it aside.
- When the dough is ready, using a 1 ½ tablespoon size ice cream scoop or a regular tablespoon, scoop the dough into the balls and roll them around in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 15-17 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, then remove the on a wire rack.
- Unsalted butter, room temperature x 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Large Egg x 1
- Vanilla extract x 1/2 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour x 1 1/3 cup
- Instant espresso powder x 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt x 1/4 teaspoon
- [Cinnamon Sugar] Granulated sugar x 2 tablespoon
- [Cinnamon Sugar] Cinnamon x 1 1/2 teaspoon