The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Meredith Hay
Oat of This World
Oat of This World
Everyone needs a go-to Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe in their baking repertoire, so I will happily share what I refer to as the BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with you. I've worked on this recipe for the last 3 years, and found the trick to be knowing your oven temperature! The cookie you're looking to achieve in this recipe is one which is slightly underdone when removed from the oven. You want a softness, once they've been removed and cooled. If your oven bakes a little high, lower the oven by 10-20 degrees and bake just a couple minutes longer. This recipe can easily be doubled for a TON of cookies, enjoy!
- In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla. Beat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer, while beating on medium. Once all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, scrape down the sides and run it once more.
- Remove the paddle attachment and fold in the chocolate chips.
- With your oven preheated to 350, spoon out a palm sized ball and gently form (but not tightly) you'll want these to spread out a little!
- Bake first for 8-10 minutes, and remove at the first sight of golden. You want them slightly underdone, as they will continue to cook once removed. If they're hard once they've cooled, you've overcooked them.
- Unsalted butter x 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar x 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar x 1/2 cup
- Egg x 1
- Vanilla x 1 teaspoon
- Dash of cinnamon x 1
- Quick oats x 1 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour x 1 cup
- Baking soda x 3/4 teaspoon
- Sea salt x 1 teaspoon
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (one generous cup) x 1 cup