White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Recipe by Olivia B
Tis the Season...
Tis the Season...
The holiday season isn’t long enough for all the baking I want to do. Baking at any other time of year pales in comparison, so I’m trying to cram in as much of it as I can. These cookies are super easy to make. Crush up some candy canes and throw them into a standard cookie dough. My food processor was being temperamental, so my candy cane chunks were a bit large. Not wanting them to turn into candy cane powder, I stopped pulverizing before I should have. They still turned out great, but maybe a bit more crunchy than expected. Next time, I would crush them up a bit more. The recipe I used was adapted from one I saw in a magazine. Really though, you could use your own favorite cookie recipe and just add crushed candy canes to it.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (approx 3 mins).
- Add egg and mix until fully combined. Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add in flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add in candy canes and chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp), scoop cookies, placing 6 per sheet.
- With floured hands, roll each one into a ball.
- Bake for 7-8 mins until cookies are crisp on the edges but still very soft in the center. Cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Unsalted butter, room temperature x 1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar x 3/4 cup
- Large Eggs (room temp) x 1
- Vanilla x 1/2 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour x 1 cup
- Baking soda x 1/4 teaspoon
- Pinch of salt x 1
- white chocolate chips x 3/4 cup
- crushed candy canes x 1/2 cup